We’re working to adapt to the changing needs brought on by the pandemic. Please see below for the most up-to-date information.
We’ve increased the frequency of store cleanings and are regularly disinfecting common areas and surfaces throughout the entire store including check-out stations, the main store area, associate-only break rooms, restrooms and all services areas. In addition, we have supplied our team with enhanced disinfecting products that are EPA-approved for use against the virus that causes COVID-19.
We have also provided our team with all the necessary disinfecting supplies to keep their work tools clean and sanitized. Our employees are required to sanitize all work spaces and tools in between clients.
The CDC recommends staying at least six feet (two meters) from other people, refraining from gathering in groups and avoiding crowded places. These guidelines are mandatory set by the State and if not followed Pets Choice will have to refuse services.
We’ve implemented several social distancing measures to support these recommendations including:
· Hanging signage throughout the store to remind associates and pet parents about the importance of social distancing
· Staggering salon appointment arrival times and salon staff schedules to limit the number of associates and pet parents within the salon at a time
· Installing Plexiglas shields at our register/check-in counter
· Asking our customers to pre-register pet(s) before their appointment to streamline the process
Before Entering the Building
1. must not have a fever, cough or have any signs of illness
2. must stay on the designated floor markers 6 feet apart
3. must be on time for your scheduled appointment
4. must wear a mask upon pick up and drop off
5. must adhere to the one client in the building at a time policy
6. must wait in your car or outside at predetermined marks 6-feet apart until you are allowed into the building
7. must have their dog on a leash for hand off **
**We will not accept any dogs in crates or hand carried
8. understand that if the dog is matted, they will be shaved, no exceptions
Once Allowed Inside the Building
1. Briefly tell the Pets Choice staff member what the desired haircut is**
**Because it has been a while since all dogs have been groomed your dog may have to be completely shaved down. This cannot be determined until we have washed your pet. This necessity is at the discretion of the groomer, not the owner; this is for the health and safety of your pet. You will be called while your pet is in the tub if this is necessary for your pet. Due to the COVID-19 related check-in procedures, clients must be reachable by phone, the whole time their pet is at the Pets Choice. If the owner cannot be contacted their pet will be shaved down.
2. The groomer will not be allowed to interact with client for more than 5 minutes.
3. Please keep 6 feet away from front staff at all times.
4. Please understand that if your pet is matted, they will be shaved short, there are no exceptions.
5. Once a slip lead is on your pet, take your dog’s collar and leash off; pass the slip lead to the groomer.
6. Please take all dogs belongings (leash, harness, collar, and clothing) with you.
7. Please understand that if your dog ever has to have more than one groomer to help in the process (he is aggressive on nails/face/feet/any grooming portion and another groomer must assist) the dog cannot be complete or groomed at all (due to social distancing requirements). The dog will be sent home. Grooming prices will be adjusted to reflect the work completed.
Once Appointment is Complete
1. The owner must pick their dog up within 20 minutes of being called. Prompt pick-up is required due to limited space because of social distancing requirements.
2. Payments can be made by card over the phone, at the sanitized terminal inside, or cash.
3. Customers can choose no receipt or hard copy from the store.
Full-Service Grooming Appointment times may be longer than average due to the sanitation and cleaning standards that need to be taken between clients during this Covid-19 pandemic.
By agreeing to leave you pet with us, you are also agreeing to all of the terms listed above.